Saturday, September 5, 2015

Out and About in Orlando - Toasted



Tried a new (to my family anyway) place today - Toasted in Orlando.  Super cute grilled cheese logo!  They not only have a gluten free menu but also vegetarian and vegan, as well as an allergy guide that lists outer common allergens (nuts, dairy, eggs, soy).  It did not take me very long to figure out what to get - I saw it right on the little sign outside.  The Autumn Melt.  It had cheddar, bacon, pumpkin, apples, and cranberries on it.  It was so good!  The bread held up perfectly to the fillings inside - and there was A LOT inside!  Another member of my family got the Autumn Melt as well but on regular bread, and enjoyed it as well.
Gluten Free Autumn Melt
 The gluten free version came in a slightly different basket than the regular version, so that was one easy way to tell them apart.  Also the gluten free one was not cut in half, but did come with an individually wrapped fork and knife in case you want to cut it.

Both were served with a little pumpkin candy corn, which I did not know were gluten free but now I do.  It was a nice touch to add to the fall theme!

We also split some fries - both regular and rosemary/truffle oil.  The cashier had said one order of fries was enough for 1-2 adults, so we decided to get both kinds for the 3 of us that there.  We all got sandwiches as well and agreed that one order of fries would have been more than enough!  I really like rosemary so I enjoyed those ones slightly more, but if rosemary's not your thing, the regular ones were great too!
Definitely plan on going back to Toasted - I only wish it were a little closer!
The regular Autumn Melt (cut open so you can see more of the fillings)

Fries - regular and rosemary/truffle oil



No comments:

Post a Comment