Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Easiest Brownies I've Ever Made

This weekend I made the easiest brownies I have ever made.  Only two ingredients:
A box of brownie mix and a can of pumpkin.  I found the idea in the latest issue of Food Network Magazine (October 2015 issue).  Just combine the brownie mix and the whole can of pumpkin, pour in a brownie pan, and bake according to the package directions.  Super simple! 
Baked brownies!
Sprinkles and frosting!
I was a bit skeptical of how these would turn out.  The recipe was for regular brownie mix and didn't really specify how big the box of brownie mix was supposed to be or anything else.  The box I used was 16 oz, and regular brownie mixes were 18-20 oz.  However, they turned out just fine!  The brownies are very moist and fudge - actually almost more like fudge than a brownie.  I did end up coming them about 10-15 minutes more than the package directions - stuck a toothpick in every few minutes and the same amount of batter was still coming out, so I just took them out to make sure they didn't burn.  Maybe if I had left them in longer they would have been more brownie-like and less fudge-like?  But I don't mind they way they turned out at all!  Perfect quick treat to make for the fall. You can even take it up a notch with some frosting and sprinkles if you like!
Yum! Pumpkin brownies!


No comments:

Post a Comment