Friday, September 4, 2015

Out and About in Orlando - Burger 21

Bacon Cheesy Burger
I thought it might be nice to post some review-type things about local places I've been to here in the Orlando-area that have gluten free options.
So the other day I went to Burger 21 with my family.  Everyone enjoyed their food very much!  One person got a regular burger, one got a hot dog, and I got a gluten free burger, the Bacon Cheesy.  It has bacon, American cheese, lettuce, and tomato on a gluten-free bun from French Meadow Bakery.  I really enjoyed it...well-cooked burger, yummy bacon, and one of the better gluten-free buns I've had.  Seems like a lot of the time the buns are very crumbly and fall apart as you eat, or they are either too big or too small for the burger, but this bun was just right!

Half-and-half Fries
They also have AMAZING fries (in my opinion anyway).  Both regular fries and sweet potato fries.  My family split a basket of the half-and-half fries, so both regular and sweet potato, and it was more than enough fries for the three of us to share.
Sauces!
They have a big sauce bar as well, with 10 or so sauce options, many of them gluten free.  I got honey mustard and ranch, and also tried "Rajin' Cajun" and apple cider.  Apple cider was definitely my favorite...great with both types of fries and on the burger.  Kind of similar to honey mustard to me.  I had to try a little bit of the toasted marshmallow sauce as well, even though it is not gluten free - very tasty with the sweet potato fries!

The gluten-free menu is a lot smaller than their regular menu - just burgers and salads, but I wanted a burger so that worked out just fine for me.  (On the regular menu, there are hot dogs, chicken burgers, turkey burgers, seafood burgers, even veggie burgers...so it would be nice to have a few more of those options on the gluten-free menu just to have a little more variety.)  I have previously gotten both vanilla and strawberry milkshakes there before from the gluten-free menu, and those were awesome too!  So I definitely recommend trying out Burger 21 - the food was great, staff was very friendly, and even though it was super busy when I was there, there were still open tables and it was very clean!

They also had some super cute animal pictures on the wall that I just had to take pictures of as well!  Dog and cat with some burgers and a dog with some hot dogs...




No comments:

Post a Comment